Sunday, January 22, 2006

About me....

Hi!! I thought that I should first introduce myself. My name is Lori, and I am a Library Science student at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. I have worked in the WSU library system for more than four years now, and I love it! I am currently in my first year as a Masters student, having received my Bachelors in Fine Arts (painting) last May from WSU.
I have always been an avid reader, and so working in a library made perfect sense. I enjoy children alot, and I plan on writing and illustrating my own children's books one day. Becoming a youth librarian is a natural fit.
My favorite authors as a child were Laura Ingalls Wilder, Margurite Henry, and Jean Craighead George. I highly recommend then to any parent, teacher, childcare-giver or child to read! I will post several nice sites that I found on those authors.
Besides work and school, I loke to fill my time by painting wildlife, traveling (Yellowstone is my favorite),watching movies (Star Wars and LOTR), being in the out-of-doors, antiquing, walking my collie Luke and, of course, reading.
Thanks for checking in and I hope that I can be of help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home